Saturday, November 9, 2013

Let's see where I left off last entry was about when I start to feel well again; there's a physical tingling that I can feel in my head and I am running to-do lists and gratitude lists congruently nonstop. It's such a great relief to not be depressed that I am too excited to sleep that first night and I  also don't want to waste another minute. I tend to sleep a lot when I'm depressed because I don't know what else to do with myself while waiting for it to pass. I've been well now about five days and already I'm back at church and planning on a
Christmas trip to CT (where I grew up). It's a long story about me and church, but for now just know that when I'm depressed I am alienated by most people and want to "break-up" with the church I attend. I hole up and hide out because to me it is embarrassing to feel so awful and have nothing positive to say.

Currently my Mom is having some memory issues and I am wanting to evaluate whether it is dementia or early Alzheimer's, but I'm not even sure how to tell the difference. All I know is that Mom is not going to be able to stay living on her own in the house that I grew up in for much longer without help. The trouble with me moving back there is that I'm afraid I'll miss my son and daughter-in-law too much (not to mention their intention to have children asap). Quite frankly also I can not do the job of being caretaker for my Mom without having more balance with my mood disorder. It's all rather complicated...So pray for me and wish me luck and let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

3 comments:

  1. just the welcome waggon popping in and saying WELCOME BACK! :D YAY!

    Christopher

    http://rejectedproductofsociety.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Dee! I don't post often. Just now and again, but I am glad to see your back on the band wagon and doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back take are of yourself while taking care of your mom it going to be hard beause I am doing the same thing.But you can do it because we love our moms. <3

    ReplyDelete